LINZ file reference GES-N15-01-07/1670
The harbour was discovered by Europeans in November 1841, the Arrow being one of the three vessels of the preliminary expedition led by Captain Arthur Wakefield. It was also here that the Fifeshire was wrecked when leaving the harbour on 27 February 1842. The feature is a well known symbol of Nelson city, lending its name [Fifeshire] to a radio station, and is home to a significant number of Spotted Shags / pārekareka.
Feature shown on: NZMS260 O27; NZTopo50-BQ26 215311
No-one has bagged this island yet. Be the first!